Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Thing #5 Explored Flickr

Reference Desk in Black and White from CSM Library's Flickr Account
Returning to my blogging. For CSM Learning 2.0 I often check the website for the program, but I keep forgetting to log back into my own blog and write. I guess it's not yet natural for me to document this... hopefully that will come.

I do like exploring different pictures in Flickr. I posted to the CSM Library Flickr account instead of making my own. I have a personal one that I share only with family. I find Flickr and other online image web services are helpful in sharing all those pictures that used to just stay on my digital camera. I've also used it to share rare family photos... those ones where only one part of the family still has a copy left.

Some of my favorite pictures are San Francisco Bay Area landscape photos. I think the Bay Area has some big scenery and I sometimes import the photos and use them as desktop pictures. I don't use them for other uses... usually don't have permission for that. I always consult the copyright or other permissions that people attach to their public pictures in flickr.

For one of the photos I uploaded for this THING I changed the permissions information to a Creative Common's license.

No comments: